Ikea is one of my favourite shops. If you were coming to my house, you…
Join Us For Great Tips On [Your Subject]
Subscribe today and get a special gift, just for you!
Ikea is well-known for being a favourite shop to source Montessori friendly furniture and products.
They update their catalogue at least once a year.
Here are my 21 picks for a Montessori home:
Discover the Montessori box
Are you looking for Montessori activities for your child, but you don't have time to make three part cards and search for printables?
Are you unsure what activities are appropriate?
How best to present them to your child?
The Montessori Family Box is a monthly subscription box for children aged 3 to 6, delivering Montessori activities directly to your door.
No more searching, printing and laminating!
12. Bucket: although, it's not specifically child's size, the lid is a clever addition and could be a useful way to prepare a washing up activity.
13. Rosenhatta Tray: it's a square one, 33x33cm.
15. Child's apron: with more sustainable material and cheap!
16. Hovlig tent: a play tent for a cosy corner.
17. Hostkvall tray: a new rectangular small tray. They have a new pattern every year. Not sure I like this autumnal pattern.
18. Folding tray: I've seen this tray being used as a small work table by @montessori_boo on Instagram. I thought it was good idea when you are short on space.
19. Duktig tea set: a classic with new colours. They also have the cups and saucers and the bowls and plates.
20. Upplivad wooden spoon: cute design that may encourage children to help in the kitchen.
21. Lego storage system: I may buy these new storage boxes and see if that helps my Lego fan to keep them tidy. I think coupled with a bag that transforms into a mat, we might be on a winning combination.
I forgot to add this one on my pictures!
Hangig label holders with pictures: The labels can be hang on a drawer of maximum 16mm tickness. You can insert any picture in the holder or use the ones provided.
I have two other blog posts about Montessori items from Ikea, a Ikea video tour here and my favourite items in 2020.
Do you like to go to Ikea? What are your favourite items for a Montessori home?
Download our free 3 part cards about Garden birds
Sign up to our newsletter and receive your free printable
This blog post contains affiliate links at no extra cost for you. Thanks for supporting my work.
Carine Robin has a Master’s Degree in Psychology, specialising in child psychology. She worked for various social services in her home country of Belgium, before moving to Ireland in 2006. It was there that she started working in a nursery and discovered Montessori education. After having her first child, her passion for the philosophy grew and she qualified as a Montessori teacher and managed a preschool. Carine has been running a Montessori based parents and toddler group and coaching families for 9 years. She now also runs an online group for over 14000 parents, sharing her knowledge and passion with people from around the world. In 2018, Carine realised families needed more support and launched her popular online parenting courses and monthly subscription boxes, full of personally designed Montessori materials.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.