Find most of my recommendations here!(part of affiliate Amazon program)
Free Garden birds 3-part cards!
Subscribe to our newsletter to get this amazing set of birds 3-part cards
By signing up you agree to our terms
Ikea is one of my favourite shops. If you were coming to my house, you would say that we live in an Ikea show-room.
In another blog post, I gave you a video tour of Ikea to show you what is Montessori friendly.
Today's blog post features what is new in Ikea and would be perfect for a Montessori home.
1. Bullig Basket - this one is half the size of a Kallax insert. It's perfect to store loose parts, such as block set, train set and so on.
2. Bullig basket narrow - this one fits a Billy bookcase so again perfect if it's the kind of shelves you are using.
3. Lankmoj is a new series of products. There are boxes with lids, organiser for desk, mini-chest of drawers and more.
4. Jamngod tray. I think they have a new design every year. When you like the design, make sure you buy enough trays to have a beautifully coordinated shelf!
5. Silverpoppel apron: A very cute flamingo design
6. Medarbetare strainer: Perfect as a small sieve for toddlers.
11. Drawing board: This drawing case is a small artist's best travel companion. Lots of pockets for pens, crayons, paper and scissors – and a drawing board on the back
12. Pillemark rug: this rainbow design is just too cute!
13. Palhult travel map: imagine all the Montessori activities you could do with a drawing map!
14. Vesken slim trolley: it would be perfect as an art trolley for a small space. Or it could be used in a small kitchen for snacks and kitchen tools.
15. Molger bench: it can be used as a shelf
16. Kalsfint - water dispenser 3L
Do you like to shop at Ikea? Do you have some favourite items? Let me know in a comment!
Discover 10 Montessori Principles for parents -
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive information about my courses, this blog and freebies including the First Lesson of the Montessori Parenting course!
Carine Robin has a Master’s Degree in Psychology, specialising in child psychology. She worked for various social services in her home country of Belgium, before moving to Ireland in 2006. It was there that she started working in a nursery and discovered Montessori education. After having her first child, her passion for the philosophy grew and she qualified as a Montessori teacher and managed a preschool. Carine has been running a Montessori based parents and toddler group and coaching families for 9 years. She now also runs an online group for over 14000 parents, sharing her knowledge and passion with people from around the world. In 2018, Carine realised families needed more support and launched her popular online parenting courses and monthly subscription boxes, full of personally designed Montessori materials.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.