Join Us For Great Tips On [Your Subject]
Subscribe today and get a special gift, just for you!
This September, the Montessori family box is all about the Apples. Let me recommend you 10 Montessori friendly books about apples.
Discover the Montessori box
Are you looking for Montessori activities for your child, but you don't have time to make three part cards and search for printables?
Are you unsure what activities are appropriate?
How best to present them to your child?
The Montessori Family Box is a monthly subscription box for children aged 3 to 6, delivering Montessori activities directly to your door.
No more searching, printing and laminating!
September and October are great months to have an apple topic. It's when we collect apples, there might be an Apple festival where you live, and apples are starting to be in abundance in the supermarket.
1. Seed to Apple (Growing Up) (Explore the Life Cycle!) by Jodie Sheperd: with real pictures, explore the life cycle of an apple. Other books in the same series: chicken, sunflower, butterfly, ....
2. How to Grow an apple pie by Ben Charles and Katie Rewse. The story of a little girl, called Sophie who learns where do apples come from to make an apple pie.
3. How do apples grow by Jill McDonald: a very simple book to introduce apples to toddlers.
4. The apple cake by Nienke Van Hichtum and Marjan Van Zeyl. We have this one! An old lady wants to bake an apple cake. She has everything she needs except apples. So she sets off to market to buy some apples, taking a basket of plums to trade along the way, just in case...
This is a classic story of sharing, trading and caring. Children will love guessing what the old lady will acquire next, and how, and seeing how her journey brings her a full circle as her kindness is repaid. There is an apple cake recipe included.
5. How do apple grow? By Betsy Maestro - Let's read and find out series. I love all the books in this series, they are great for the 3 to 6.
6. Apples for everyone by National Geographic so there are some beautiful pictures in this book!
7. Apples by Gail Gibson: I love all the books by Gail Gibson, they are so beautifully illustrated.
8. Apple farmer Annie by Monica Wellington: Apple cider, applesauce, apple muffins, cakes, and pies! Annie is a very busy apple farmer. She bakes yummy treats with the apples she picks and saves her best apples to sell at the market. Follow Annie through her apple-filled day of picking, counting, sorting, baking, and selling, and then try making some of her simple apple recipes.
9. Bring me some apples and I will make you a pie by Robbin Gourley. This is the story of African-american chef Edna Lewis who was championing fresh, in season ingredients.
10. Apple cake, a gratitude by Dawn Casey and Genevieve Godbout. In this simple rhyming story, a child says thank you for the gifts nature provides, from hazelnuts in the hedge to apples from the tree, eggs from the hens to milk from the cow. Eventually, the family has enough ingredients to make something special… a delicious apple cake!
Have you read any of those books? Do you have other Apple books to recommend? Let me know in the comment!
- Montessori unit about Autumn with free printable
Download our free 3 part cards about Garden birds
Sign up to our newsletter and receive your free printable
This blog post contains affiliate links at no extra cost for you. Thanks for supporting my work.
Carine Robin has a Master’s Degree in Psychology, specialising in child psychology. She worked for various social services in her home country of Belgium, before moving to Ireland in 2006. It was there that she started working in a nursery and discovered Montessori education. After having her first child, her passion for the philosophy grew and she qualified as a Montessori teacher and managed a preschool. Carine has been running a Montessori based parents and toddler group and coaching families for 9 years. She now also runs an online group for over 14000 parents, sharing her knowledge and passion with people from around the world. In 2018, Carine realised families needed more support and launched her popular online parenting courses and monthly subscription boxes, full of personally designed Montessori materials.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.